Jun 24, 2015

End of School Year Activities

Buckle up...there is a lot!!!

To start off, we have Carley's last Band Concert for 6th Grade.




Kenny also had a final concert of the year. As usual, I can never get a clear view of him as he sits right behind the Conductor and behind the flutists.



In here somewhere, we had a Piano Recital for Kenny and Lauren. This time around, it was all duets. Kenny played with a friend and then with Lauren twice.




Now to start in on all the "last time" events for elementary school. I'm trying to be sentimental about it all, but secretly I'm so glad to be moving on.

Lauren decided to run the 4 X 100 relay, 100  dash and 100  hurdles. I think she was disappointed about her races outside of the relay (they took first in their group), but I know she had fun.

Lauren ran the second leg for her team. The only one in her group with shorts and a bright green headband. Her friends had already joined a group when Lauren missed the first day so somehow, she got "stuck" with a fast group.





After the meet, a few families went to Red Robbin to celebrate.



During Pride Night, the parents go around with their kids to see all the projects they have been working on. This also gives the 5th graders a chance to perform on the Marimbas, and in their band or orchestra groups. The band was a little painful to listen to.  :-)





This much I can tell you, I WILL miss the Marimbas and Illahee's AMAZING music teacher, Mr. Hurst.


The big field trip of the year for 5th graders is a trip to Mt. St. Helens. They get to explore the Lava Tubes for a little bit, and they get to go for short walks around the area to see other evidences of the damage the eruption caused. I got to go on this field trip which was great. I love to see Lauren in her element.






Lauren was also in the talent show. Lauren and Emmy made up a cute dance in chub suits. They were the closing performance and they were a hit! Click on the link. It really is worth the visit. Lauren is the one on the right.

https://www.facebook.com/karin.w.rivera/videos/10153672328753976/

Last was the 5th Grade picnic. They walk to a nearby park to eat lunch and play outdoor games for a couple of hours. It is so fun to see all the 5th graders celebrating together.







Below Lauren is giving Charlotte a hug. Charlotte had moved away a month or so before. She surprised everyone by showing up for the party.
 Lauren was moved to tears.






All of the 5th Graders

Teacher's Pet

No comments: